Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT - Grinder Help!

slyym

Can you guys help me find a manual tool grinder that will allow me to put angles on the bottom of endmills and that would also allow me to put say a 120 deg included angle on the bottom of a reamer and also make it bottom and center cutting. It sseems we always need some kind of custom grinding work but the grinder we use never seems to be able to deliver on time. I've been waiting for some endmills for three weeks now and we've had to push a few jobs back because of this. Thanks

start watching on-line auctions at Bidspotter,etc...grinders sell dirt cheap anymore..some at scrap value..just crazy..I just bought a Alexander single lip cutter grinder (Deckel SO copy made in England) for $263 with collets and looks very good....think a new Deckel is $7,000 new..

DON'T pay very much!!!..don't pay any attention to what they cost new as that will lead you to pay too much....scroll back thru old auctions at bidspotter homepage.

You can't sharpen existing fluted end mills in a Deckel except on the bottom..can make carbide straight flute ones from a blank with a diamond wheel and can put radius on cutter bottom,etc. and make ball cutters. I am not an expert on Deckels...might be missing something there! awesome for making carbide spade drills,etc.

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/search.php?searchid=514856

another place to ask questions..K.O. Lee might be a good choice as low priced...lots of them outthere..pretty cheap when new..They pretty much closed up, Leblond/Makino has the spare parts Biz I think.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=K.O.+Lee&...6.c0.m270.l1313

These e-bay prices look waaay high compared to actual auctions..