Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Recommend other Boards

TimHollis

Hello

This Forum is truly outstanding, I solved a lot of my issue's just by going through the old posts. My problem is I am isolated on this tropical island, with only 2 other people to discuss CNC/CAD CAM with. Can anybody suggest other Forums or User groups that might be worth checking out? Of interest are SolidWorks 2001, MasterCam all Versions, EDM, CNC - VMC.

cool.gif

Many Thanks

The Ex-Pat

Tim Hollis

As a registered user of both Smartcam & Edgecam -I bid you good luck - there aren't any support groups or user forums.

Welcome to the Mastercam users forum - there's lot's of fun.

All the street's are paved in golden.

and, nobody ever get's old in, that funny place called the ****

If you hangout here - you'll never go hungry again! (Scar ,from the Lion King)

Regards, Jack

My Thanks for the replies I have received so far. I have looked through tons of searches and sites, without much luck. My parent company is in NY, and I am currently working for them long term in the American Free Trade Zone, Dominican Republic. I currently use the newest CNC, on the Island, a 1998 B/port TC1. Back home on Long Island, I had a group of us that got together about 1 a month. Here, I have only been able to find 2 other guys who actually know what their doing. Most times, as soon as they get a look at the setup here I get asked the same question " Can I get a job here, I would like to learn what your doing" . I have been working with some guy's at the Technical college in Las Americas, and got a proposal and funding finalized for a course, but since the El Jefe, received the funds, things came to a grind, I’m waiting to see how that plays out. Anyway Thanks in advance to anyone who replies, it is greatly appreciated.

cool.gif

Thanks

Ex-pat

Tim Hollis

I'm starving if thats the case!

Besides why eat, when Cervesa is cheaper than the bottled water here?

And with the 2 replies coming from the same area, both mentioning Hunger and Food, is that some kind of conspiracy? or maybe it’s just close to lunch time.

cool.gif

Thanks

The Ex-pat

Tim Hollis

[ 09-04-2002, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: TimHollis ]

Hi Tim,

This is the place to get your mastercam fix. There is a good group of users here, (both male and female) who go above and beyond what most would expect, to help others with their mcam questions.

I don't spend a lot of time posting, as yet, but do spend a lot of time learning things I didn't even know I wanted to know, just by reading the posts of others. Thanks to them and welcome to you.

I have a friend in the DR doing geological exploration and have heard lots of tales about the country and it's people.

Phil

Thanks for the welcome.

And you’re absolutely right about learning from this forum. After I registered, I spent my 1st few days reading through ALL the old post's. I just don't get it, why some of the other companies out there aren't following the example by MasterCam. I mean Bridgeport, Cincinnati, SolidWorks? Not everything you need is always found in the manual or on some automated tech help line. That’s why I was hoping for some suggestions on other groups.

Also Thanks Very Much, to all you guy's way up North there, when I read the post's, they were from all over the place. But so far, only you guy's seem to take the time.

cool.gif

Thanks

The Ex-pat

Tim Hollis

If you read the above, maybe someone can help with this.

Anybody know of a good source for servo amplifiers, I have 3 standard Yaskowa on my CNC. But with the way the power goes on and off around here, its just a matter of time before I need a replacement, I would like to put one on the shelf now while everything still works.

cool.gif

Thanks

The Ex-Pat

Tim Hollis