Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DNC and Editing Software

chris m

Mr Webmaster; if this is a subject out of line with the rules [as I see a big CIMCO link at the bottom of the page}, please accept my apologies and feel free to kill it

Lady and Gentlemen:

I am currently looking for code editors and DNC products to try (a combination would be good, or two products from the same house) as our current editing is done through either an OLD DOS-based editor or various non-CNC-specific text editors and our DNC is using a transfer program that one of my guys wrote himself and has no real handshake comm with the machines. These things work but they are far from optimum.

We have machines with everything from a Yasnac 2000G with the bouncing ball [no CRT] to a Fanuc 18 to a Mazak 640MT to an Okuma E100L so the DNC must be somewhat flexible.

I am currently checking out the download version of CIMCO Edit 4.22 which is OK, but I'm interested to see what everyone else is running.

Thanks

cheers.gif C

chris m,

I purchased Easytalk Basic ver 5.33 a long time ago – at least it’s on a 3 ½ and not the 5 ¼.

This was the editor that Mastercam featured in the older versions.

By making a null modem cable & spending countless hours on parameters, I finally figured how to Dnc to the M32 control. – This isn’t supposed to happen since I never purchased the option from Mazak.

I did contact Cnc Innovations and shared with them the cable config & the affected parameters.

Many options are available for multiple machines.

I don’t even know if they are still in business, yet, the software still works.

Regards, Jack

Hi Chris,

We use Extreme DNC also and most awesome about

this package is the ability to Barcode your program and then save it with your set-up info.

You just scan them in after that for repeats.

Another nice feature if needed is downloading

to a protected location that nobody can mess with.

HTH biggrin.gif Good Luck

Jim