Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

High Feed with finish passes

Davidgil

I am having a ton of trouble trying to get the high feed to work for me. I am doing mostly 2D pocketing and contours. The problem I have is that the rough operations work great, but when I finish the outer boundary of the pockets the feed goes through the roof. Where I would like to have the cutter moving at 25ipm, I instead am getting 200+ipm because the system sees that there is hardly any material left to remove for the finish cut. There needs to be a way to limit the feeds for each tool or operation or to at least tell the system that yes you are just taking a .001 finish pass but that doesn't mean I want you to go 300ipm just because you can and produce a junk finish.

Any ideas???

Thanks,

Dave

Mold100 - I'm running on a FADAL control so I want to use high feed to slow the machine down for corners and also take advantage of some of the air cutting features.

Glenn - I tried doing the finish ops as seperate ops, but I still wanted to use High Feed to slow the machine down for corners to avoid banging and over shooting corners. (FADAL)

Any ideas???

Thanks

This sounds a bit sad. I was hoping to have a go at using it to slow feed on corners in pockets. Manual editing does get tedious on deep pockets with a lots of passes. And there's always the possibility of making a mistake.......... I must admit I put up with the squawking on roughing, put in an extra finish pass, just edit the finish passes and hope it takes out the chatter.

What MC version are we talking about?

Hugh Venables.

Thanks for the responses.

Glen- I'll play some more with the pocketing finishes and see if I can get the finish paths to come at like you say. Earlier today I tried some contour paths with 1 multipass .001" as a finish cut, which the high feed module basically took as cutting air and cranked up the feed.

Hugh- I'm running version 9 level 1. Hopefully my post is not discouraging you from trying high feed. I think there is good possibilities.

Dave

Glenn,

Just thought of one other thing. I use contour paths to finish my pockets, not the actual pocket finish. The reason I do this is because I have many pockets at different depths, with many of them overlapping one another. The contour path allows me to do all my finishing in one operation, otherwise the pocket finish would think I'm cutting islands.

Dave