Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Printing a screen shot

Thad

Once in a while, I want a hard copy of my file. These hard copies are usually used just for a setup reference or something like that. I zoom in on what I want, push "Print Screen" and paste it into IrfanView, a picture viewing program. I print it out from there.

These are my obstacles. First, I have to change the background color to white (currently set to black) because my black and white printer will give me a nice solid black printed page if I don't. Then, I am prompted to change my geometry selection color because it is currently set to white...so I change it. Then when I print the screen shot, it comes out distorted. It's usually stretched in one direction. My print setting are to print actual size (not fit to screen). Then when I'm done printing, I have to go back and change my system colors back to my original settings.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to simplify this process and how to get an un-distorted picture of what's on the screen. As often as I have to print something, it's not a huge deal. I'm just looking for a way to make my life easier.

Thad

[ 09-17-2002, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: thad ]

IrfanView Is the best.

Thad, I don't know how or why But

my HP printer Automatically reverses white to black and vice versa.(Geo too)

So I never have to toggle between back grounds.

I still have to "Resize" and convert to a.jpg

though when I have to send the screen shot E mail.

[ 09-17-2002, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Tony ]

Tony - I looked around for a way to make it into black and white within IrfanView. Using "Negative" gave me a white background, but in the process, changed my geometry colors just enough to fade them when printing. I tried a few other options with no luck.

Ron - a good idea, but I still get the black background in the imported picture which covers any geometry since it's a black & white printer.

Fred - Works perfectly! Gives a nice clear, un-distorted picture.

Thank you all for your comments. Especially Fred! biggrin.gif

Thad

Thad,

I hit print screen to save the setup to the clipboard then I paste the copy into paint. Under paint you can invert the colors. (Image/invert colors) You can also convert the image to black & white.(Image/attributes/black and white)

I then window around what I want and copy that to my clipboard, then paste that into a word doc

so I can add my setup sheet to it.

It work pretty good.