Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Suggestions for further MC education

upsidedown

I've been using MC in one version or another for almost 30 years. Everything I know I've learned myself with no formal tutoring or classes. I really need to fill in a bunch of gaps in my knowledge of MC. I'm 60 now and don't have a lot of money to spend for school let alone any of these outfits offering "for pay" classes or seminars. Any ideas where or how to accomplish this? Some kind of ROP or evening learning center type classes?

TIA

John

Phoenix, Az.

John talk with Degmc maybe he can give some help but his videos do have allot of good info. also remember you can ask how here.

Were do you feel you are having gaps in the system.

What types of work have you done with MC that makes you feel strong.

I know mine has come from using the system for over 20 now and have done from Mold making almost all types to aerospace to production to R&D. from 2axis to 5 axis from 2axis lathe to multi axis from Water jet to laser and so on. so you learn allot from doing so much.I to have not really had much for formal training except over the years I have had a total of 5 days over the years of training.

But I also contract and use the software almost 365 days a year some how and have been teaching for schools and private for over ten years now.

I would look at what the eapprentice has and talk with us here. or email me or even contact me by phone. I am sure I can help.

I've been using MC 9.1 most often in the last years and have done mostly 2-1/2D operations where I edit in or modify the necessary Z dims. I work a little with 4 axis horizontal mills but it's still, basically, 2D ops with indexing. I need to learn how to do more complicated 3D milling ops. I've been working on some 3D modeling but I learn better when I'm shown than trying to figure it out from reading. I have 2 different video tutorial lessons that helped me a bunch but would like to attend a class or something where I fill in some basics I've probably missed along the line as well as going forward into better understanding of 3D and 3D programming. I started out with a student version of MC V3.1 and got into AutoCad a little but MC was more applicable to what I was doing so I stuck with that.

Overall I can get by with what I've learned and what I do but my daughter is taking AutoCad classes and has made me realize how neat 3D is and how much more I could do......damned kids....

JohnF

Well I am sorry you are so far away or I would have you come in my class. you can share here or just send to me and I will help as much as I can. if you get a go to meeting account I am sure we can go on line here and there.are you making your files in MC or Autocad?

You are a teacher for a school correct?

Sin, J

John,

A website called streaming teacher http://www.streamingteacher.com/home/index.aspx

offers videos online for a reasonable price. I have almost completed them all (there are probably over 100 videos) and have learned a lot. I like them because you can view the at your own pace, replay them over and over, stop them to take notes, etc...

You might check them out.

Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...