Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Intra-company Mastercam Training (long post)

MFG'R

Hello All,

I have been put in charge of the CAM system (Mastercam) here at my shop and I need some pointers on getting programmers up to speed using Mastercam.

I myself have been through several trainings at the local re-seller and also had a lot of exposure to Mastercam in college. Because of time contraints here at my company most guys do not have the opportunity to attend the formal training sessions. I have been given the task to begin a training program for some programmers that are interested in learning more about Mastercam.

I am going to get a survey circulating to see exactly where everyone's level of understanding is to begin. Does anyone have any generic questions that may help me capture the necessary levels of understanding?

Also is there any pointers anyone has as far as the approach to take when teaching someone that has limited knowledge of Mastercam.

The guys in my shop are all at different levels, some are advanced and some are very green. I need a program that is going to cater to both the advanced guys and the guys that need to know the fundementals.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

+1 on some good video based training. There are several good sites out there. I'm not sure what the cost of Mastercam U is, but I've heard good things about it.

www.eapprentice.net is another good site. The cost is pretty reasonable, subscriptions are either monthly or yearly. The nice thing is that you can get a one day pass for free to check out everything on the site. I got a pass and checked out the site on a Saturday. There is a good amount of content and more is coming. There are also written tutorials that go with the video.

Another thing that I've found very effective is to purchase Camtasia, which is video recording and editing software. It is very inexpensive, and is super easy to record what you are doing in Mastercam, while giving a voice over explaining what you are doing. This is great for showing your team the standard way you prefer to program.

HTH,

• 1 year later...

If your comfortable teaching the course yourself the Mastercam instructor kit might be suitable as well it basically maps out your lesson plans for you provides videos, tests, exercises, PowerPoint presentations, instructor guide, and student training tutorial. Mill level 1 and 3 $195 include lathe $225.

It may be a good addition to the above mentioned as well.