Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

new upgrade

cadman268

Just upgraded from v6 to v9 mill level 3!!

My first question is: the version says v9 sp1, which patches do I need or do I need any??

Next, I am using a dynapath sys 5c, I have a post that I created from the sys10 generic, pretty much recreated the whole thing. Can I upgrade my post from v6 or will I have to modify another to suit. Or is there now a generic sys 5c post???

After that, there will be more, but enough for now, Thanks

Brian

Marchand Design

Thanks for the replies, I have used v7 and v8, but the version I own was at v6, now I have opened my own shop and I want the latest and greatest, LOL, so I am the boss smile.gifcheers.gif

Not sure if the post upgrade thing will work, this post is really messed, no decimals, no rapids, all rapids converted to f150, no canned, m3 and ss called before toolchange on same line, no modals, speeds are 2 digit numbers, delay befor and after tc for 5 sec, and so on. Took me forever to get it just right.

This may not be an issue anymore, but some of the older posts had problems with multiple depth cuts after v7. The logic that allows the "keep tool down" hosed a bunch of <= v6 posts [1 that was on the v7 CD as well eek.gif ]. So I would try a couple of programs with multi-passes and depth cuts [contour or pocket - doesn't matter] and CHECK THE OUTPUT CAREFULLY before running an actual part.

If you used this post in v7,v8 and it worked fine, disregard the previous ramblings. cool.gif