Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

reloading patch files

Oppiz

I dumped mc9 and reloaded it with my CD. Now I want to load all the patch files. I downloaded mill9sp1 file think this would give all the updates, I get warning 'old file doesn't exist" over and over again.I get through all the warnings, but when I open mill it still reads 9.0 with a date of January. I'am I doing this right? It not what do I need to do to load all the patches for wire and mill 2? Using windows NT as administrator.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

After you install software, you should as a general rule restart your computer. After restarting, launch Mastercam (all the Modules that yo uinstalled i.e. Lathe, Wire, Design, and/or Mill). Once you do that, you've now "initialized the software". After ytou do this, you shoudl then be able to install SP1 and it should install glitch free.

HTH

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Well,

I don't know what to tell you. I've installed and run Mastercam V8 and V9 on Windows98, Windows NT 4.0 SP3 to SP6, and Windows 2000 Advanced Server and Windows 2000 Professional with none of those problems.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Remenber, the patch needs to reside in your Mcam9 folder or else it won't work either. It's not good enough to put it on the same drive, you must put it/them in the Mcam9 folder.

HTH

Putting the file inside my "C:Mcam9" file folder was exactly what needed to be done! There were still a couple of files that were noted as being not found, but they were ones that were also noted as replaced as well. Thanks, and feel free to point out any of other patches (specifically) that would be done in the same manner. I've unzipped them all, but who knows if they worked. I did notice when I ran the "Chook", and "Apps" updates, that they ended up on my desktop. So I just cut and pasted those.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

James I have to ask what is diffrent of what you are saying to what I am saying?

Well technically Jay, the MC9 directory is where geometry is stored i.e. C:Mcam9MillMC9 so in effect, you were telling them to put it in the geometry folder which is incorrect.

Sorry Jay, I don't mean to be so technical. wink.gifbiggrin.gif Are we still friends?

quote:

Sorry Jay, I don't mean to be so technical.

you are right because I meant the MCam9 dir but made it short not thinking that they would thing the MC9 being the Geo dir. wink.gif

quote:

Are we still friends?

I don't know will you still share your post's with me? eek.gif

[ 10-03-2002, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: cadcam ]