Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

AI file.

antelopemy

I'm at home so I'm going from memory...

From the main menu select File, Converters, Autocad(?) then there will be a drop down box and you can select DXF or DWG.

I'm, pretty sure its Autocad, if its not try all of the menu options under Converters and you should find it.

Thanks Mark H and Jay smile.gif

i have opened DWG file in mastercam9..... >main menu > File > Converters > Autodesk > read file, but i can't see anything confused.gif .

i think the problem is that i haven't done something in autocad, as this DWG file was exported from AI file, then i can view this file (logo) in my autocad2000, but it is blank in mcam9(maybe it doesn't have lines,arcs ,spline).

anyone please help me frown.gif

B whale

--------------------

young and new user

Its probably one of two things...

1. Use the explode command in autocad. You can read about it in some of the old posts... Topic: converting dwg/dxf to mc8 (or any mastercam file)
  2. In Mastercam check to see that all the levels are on.

Something that might help you, or anyone else for that matter, is to use the search function that is located on almost every page of this forum. It is located on the top right of the screen. Here you can type in any words to search for, and possibly allowing you to get your answers faster. This is especially helpfull on the weekends or nights when not as many people visit the forums. Hope this helps.

[ 10-27-2002, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: Mark H ]