Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Training suggestions

ScottyB

Hi all. I have posted a few times, but am fairly new to the forum. I recieved a (very) little bit of formal training back on v5. I now have v8 and am waiting for Router v9. I want to focus on getting back to the future as far as CAD/CAM is concerned. Can anyone suggest some coarses that have been helpful. I do all MC and WoodWop

programming for a large cabinet shop in WI. I do 2d work on simple to complex parts with Heian CNC and Weeke PTP. I have used MC to get the job done for 6 yrs. but I feel there are better ways to get things done nowdays. Our reseller is Shopware and I am entitled to 1 day of training with my purchase. I have gone to enough classes to know that it takes more than 1 day to learn today's software. Any suggestions?

ScottyB.

Any NFL fans out there?

GO PACK GO

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW.

cheers.gif

If you can not afford to take anymore classes, try looking at Mastercam Education and buy Mastercam Hand Book Vol 1 for starters. It covers everything. There are no other books out there that are more thorough and complete concering CAD/CAM & Mastercam. Much more than just button-button and pictures. It will actually explain why you are clicking where you are clicking.

Oh yeah, GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck,

[ 10-25-2002, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: Trevor Bailey ]

Scott;

I'm located in Wales WI. not to far from you,and we recently upgraded to version 9 for Mill and lathe. I attended 8 days at Shopware and found that a place called F.M.M.T. Fasttech multi midia training out of Chicago sells the interactive training C.D's. I bought them and found that they are better then the classes. Any questions???

SCOTT;

AFTER TAXES, ALL 5 C.D 'S CAME TO $536.60 THIS MAY SEEM LIKE A LOT TO YOU BUT HAVING A TUTOR WHEN EVER YOU NEED TO BRUSH UP ON A QUESTION IS INVALUABLE. THE CLASSES TOUGHT THE BASICS AS IT PERTAINS TO GENERAL QUESTIONS BUT COULD NOT COME CLOSE BECAUSE OF TIME CONSTRAINTS