Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O\T Toolcrib Software

Kevin Goddard

What we have done here is to outsource the toolcrib operation to our tool suppliers; one is responsible for all inserts, another for all round tools.

We are not a large operation and our vendors were still more than ready to take this operation over. The jury is still out on how well it works [we just started a couple of months ago] but the physical organization is much better already.

quote:

Currently our crib is anarchy

I know where you are coming from there; ours had no organization whatsoever. I think that our toolcrib guy thought it was some sort of job security to have the place a total cluster [didn't work out for him too well, though].

We didn't go for the "Robo-Crib" or a vending machine or anything, just had the vendors reorganize everything in the cabinets we already owned and label everything. Then we set up min-maxes for everything and now the guy comes in once a week and looks for anything we need, enters it into their system and *poof* it comes in.

Seems to work OK so far; just to consider other options...

C

[ 10-29-2002, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: chris m ]

Kevin,

Hopefully you will find this information useful:

Over the past few years I have been hearing a lot of companies talking about how their tooling vendors are offering them free tool management software and even complete tool management systems (software / electronic cabinets) to earn/keep their business. I recommend you talk with your tooling vendor(s) to see what they are willing to offer. Today every industry is very competitive and you may be able to get a very effective system for free or at a significantly reduced price.

Good luck in your search. HTH biggrin.gif