Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I want Radius not I & J

Mill Man

Gary,

1st ask your local Mastercam dealer for an updated post, the one for Fadal that comes with 7.2c needs a lot of work.

If you want to edit it yourself you are going to have to edit the PCIR line to replace "I, J, K," with "arcrad," then you will have to format arcrad so search the pst file for tldia, this should bring you to a line which reads

"fmt 2 tldia"

create a new line in front of that which reads

"fmt 1 arcrad". Then, because the Fadal wants a negative sign on the R in arcs with a sweep greater 180 degrees, you will have to search for "breakarcs" and change it to yes. By breaking the arc output into quadrants we output a few more lines than we really needed but we avoid outputting an arc with a sweep greater than 180 degrees. This way we do not have to add logic to determine whether the arc's sweep is greater than 180 and change R to R- which would take more effort than I care to type here.

If you give me an e-mail address, I'll give you one that works. BUT CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL DEALER 1ST!

Hope that helps,

Dennis

[email protected]

Gary,

I would really like to just send you the post that I have because I want all Mastercam users to be satisfied with their systems, but, because I represent the Mastercam distributor in Southern California, I have some rules I must follow. Because your local dealer might be in progress in resolving your problems or, Because your local dealer might be withholding support for lack of payment or, Because you might not have a registered copy of Mastercam. I cannot send you my post processor files until the local distributor has had his say in the matter and will allow me to help you or him.

------------------

Dennis Neil

email: [email protected]

http://dennisne.home.netcom.com

We've opted not to check licenses as part of the registration process.

When an exchange of files is requested and the forum user can not provide SIM#, company name, and Mastercam reseller, it would lead us to suspect they are not a licensed user. You'll notice that no resellers will provide any assistance without this background check. If a user is suspected of using Mastercam without a license, we have a valid email address and logged IP numbers to provide to CNC Software or the BSA.

Our ISP has pointed out that any truly anonymous FTP ends up being used as a 'Warez' site very quickly.

The procedure now would be to upload a file to ftp.emastercam.com/incoming and link to the file in your message. The file will not be downloadable until it is moved by me to another directory and the link in your message is corrected. Further, this procedure would be used sparingly so as to not upset the Webmaster.