Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Re: projected toolpath

shirl1

I recently sent a message regarding difficulty I have with creating a projected toolpath. Maybe I am being a little impatient, please excuse me if I am. However I have not yet received a reply to my query. Is this because I am not a 'Regisered User'? I am however a student trying to work my way through a training program at a college where MasterCam has just been acquired and the instructors have yet to learn the system themselves.

If you can't help me who can?

OK I,m stuck again.

I am trying to project lettering to engrave onto an elliptical surface. The surface is a 180 deg 80x40mm ellipse, starting at Z0 and runs parallel to X. So the surface starts at Z0 and rises to Z20 and goes from Y-40 to Y40 and 150mm along X.

I have created letters at Z50.

Do I need to create a toolpath for the letters first? If so what type of toolpath do I use?

Where do I go from here?

shirl1 create the tool path for the letters first.

then go toolpath

surface project

then you will get a in the window prompt a option to pick the op you want to project on the surface.

Pick your engraving contour paths or pocket one if that is what you used.

Now there is an option to use Depth cuts for you project op.

If you used depth cuts in the engraving op then pick use depths.

Hope this helps.

[ 11-10-2002, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

I don't know if this is the correct way to alleviate the problem, but I swapped the order of the chains around so the chains where the gouges occurred between were no longer together. The order of ops is a little mixed up now but the gouges are gone.

Many thanks to all.

cheers.gif

I am glad it fixed it some.

but I had just went thru this last week with one of my customers for mold work.

The customer had the same problem that you say and after receiving the file just a few adjustments and that problem went away.

If you want to email me the file I can adjust it and send it back?

quote:

I swapped the order of the chains around so the chains where the gouges occurred between were no longer together.

What you did is adjust the 'Gap' setting with your geometry selection.

Next time on the 'Finish Parameters' page go into 'Gap' settings and set the Distance to less than the space between your contours. (I usually use .001)

HTH BerTau smile.gif (once again I type too slow)

[ 11-10-2002, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: BerTau ]