Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Converting from Acad

jeff

I have converted many files from autocad but I am having problems with a particular file.

First of all I have a file in Adobe Illustrator,then I am exporting it as a .dwg file so I can have a cad version of the picture.

I am able to view it in Acad2000,but when I use Mastercam to convert from a dwg to mc9...I get nothing,no entities at all.

All levels are turned on and I even tried changing the background color.

Nothing.

Is there a certain setting that I might be missing?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Please help.

frown.giffrown.gif

Thanks MarkH but that didn't fix my problem.

I tried using explode and all that good stuff but I still cannot get anything to come up in Mastercam.

Being that I can see the part in Acad,is it just a setting problem that I have and have to figure it out?

Or could there be a possibility that the file has been somehow write protected and therefore cannot be saved in that manner.

mad.gif

I've tried the screen/blank/unblank.

Yes,in the level manager # of entities per level 0.

Turned all levels on. still nothing.

tried exploding in acad,nothing.

hmmmmm.

going crazy here.

I'll see if I can post the file on ftp.

It's a government job, a suzuki logo that a friend wants me to machine for him.

I got it from the logotypes.ru webpage.

PDG

quote:

Also, when you go to our Levels dialog, what does it say in the Entity Count column? Is is all 0's?

Your answer;;

quote:

Yes,in the level manager # of entities per level 0.

PDG is asking you to look there because he suspects that the logo you see on the screen is a rasper(art type file) ,and you can save it as a vecter(cad type file)and you did, but because there are no cad type entities you didn't get any. So go back to the A.I.and "trace" over the logo, and save the trace as a DWG or DXF.

If it is a Raster file, try this:

If you have access to the raster to vector function in Mastercam (File -> Convert -> Next menu -> Ras2vec), then you might save the logo as a BMP file in A.I., and use that to import the image. The raster to vector import automatically traces the image. However, the raster to vector import utility is an add-on, which cost money.

If it is just that one job, then it might be possible for you to persuade your dealer to make that conversion for you, it certainly would not hurt to ask.