Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Quick Question- Vertical or Horizontal

jspangler

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

No difference the way I do it. I draw it the way it will sit in the machine and I change T/C planes about the C/L Rotation when I need an index.

Go with the Horizontal that way you can load up a night's worth of work, hit cycle start and come in in the morning and voila, parts done.

I was going to suggest looking into a horizontal after you mentioned pallet changers but it slipped my mind.

Tombstones come in different sizes,and are a extra cost above and beyond the machine cost.

You need to figure the travels you want or are looking at. Then look at the pallet size for that machine. Next you size the tombstone to fit the machine and your app.

You can go with 1 pallet or for what you may want is at least 2 pallets, one can be running and the other can would be at a load/ unload station.

A haas vf-3 starts at 60,000. a horz is about starts at about 130,000+

Just compare what you can do with each one, size is a big factor on a horz. But if you got the work it will pay for itself.

Finecut

2" should work fine. I'll check with the boss and see if we can help you with more solid info and once I check with him, then I could fax it or e-mail direct. In the while ck with workholding manufacturers and see the sizes available for your machine, their suggestions... compare cost of making it yourself and plan an effective way of utilizing them within your needs... how you could apply it to repeat jobs, new jobs, whtever your needs are.

Get planning!!!! cheers.gif

Javier

sorry for the incomplete info; I just felt that this info may have been under the "classified" category and now after being given the OK I'm more than happy to share. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

1.5" to 2" should do fine. make some 45 deg weld preps about .3 to .5 at the edges to be welded and build to size as it fit your needs. Would highly suggest making a rectangular type tombstone, since it allows you to get to larger work at the wide faces and smaller work pieces at narrow faces. Yet your needs should drive your t-stone size.

Good luck!!! smile.gif

Hope this will help; if you need more info e-mail me.

Javier.