Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Question on scaling up a plastic part drawing to make the steel size in the mold.

nickelback

Hey Guys! confused.gif

I know this is a mold making question, but I really need to know if anyone has had any trouble. When the geometry is scaled up the percent of what the plastic shrinks, is this going to give an exact demensioning of what the steel is in the mold? And the geometry has to be exactly on center to properly scale, doesn't it? Another thing I would like to know is if shrink and scale are the same exact thing?

Hi

You should be able to use the Mastercam scale function to apply the shrinkage factor to the part. It will work fine.

If you need a non-uniform scale (required in some molds), simply use the non-uniform method to apply the scale. The Scale dialog permits the scaling in both uniform and non-uniform manner.

Regards

Anbu

Two good books I recommend - How To Make Injection Molds and Mold Engineering. Books are not cheap, but they tell you a hell of allot more than some big headed jerk that is your supervisor at work. (They are very good books!)Go to www.hansergardner.com and you will find them there. May have to punch them in under the search area. Oh! Thanks for the help guys!