Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mpmaster.pst tweak?

J Coulston

After running SmartCAM for over 9 years, I have decided that I have used it up and it is time to move on. After an extensive search for a replacement CAM system, I decided to buy a seat of MasterCAM LVL1 Mill and Solids. I'm trying to make a few small tweaks to MPMASTER.pst. I have successfully fixed several areas, but can’t figure this one out. I would like to rapid up out of the cut to my original Z rapid position and then rapid home to the tool change position.

N7 G43 H1 Z.23 M08

N8 G98 G81 Z.075 R.18 F10

N16 G00 Z(Add Original Z.23 rapid from line N7 )

N17 G80 M05 M09

N18 G91 G30 Z0 M19

What variable calls the Z.23 position on the length offset line is it pfzout?

Section from MPMASTER.pst

pretract

n, "G00", "TEST", pfzout, e

pbld, n, sccomp, "G80", *sm05, scoolant, psub_end_mny, e

pcan1, pbld, n, sgabsinc, "G30", "Z0", "M19", sgcode, scoolant, strcantext, e

pfzout will give me a value but it does not match the original rapid point of Z.23.

If I was working on a SmartCAM template, I would use a < Z#CLEAR> value, for any of you SmartCAM converts.

Is the any documentation anywhere that defines the terms in the posts generators, ie. pbld, n, "G43", *tlngno, pfzout, scoolant, some are self-explanatory but others make no sense. I found nothing in help.

Sorry for the length of this post but alas, I am back to being a noobie.

Thanks for your help,

John