Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

menu right click

mario

If you want to reduce the icon size, you can increase your screen resolution, set fonts to large so text doesn't get too small. Start MC and adjust your screen fonts to suit. I use a combo of speed keys and menu picks as well as the icons. I arranged the toolbar for page 1 to be related to geometry creation, page 2 for dimensioning, page 3 ..etc. Don't forget that you can repeat any icon as you wish, so I have gviews and cplanes on each toolbar page.

• 5 weeks later...

this is not Aoutocad..

i don't know how you could put the two together..

to interface the two cause nothing but trouble..

but i am not saying that you can't take data out of Autocad and cut it but it take more work..

just my 2cents. i have received lots of files from autocad & still do..

but i try to avoid it if possible..

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

cnc programming &

Predator reseller

email: [email protected]

web: www.ppcad.net

[This message has been edited by cadcam (edited 02-11-2001).]

Cadcam,

I think what gary is trying to say is that he wants to see Autocad's style of pull down menus and configuable tool boxes (which is in line with most Windows programs). I know MC is moving towards a truly Windows looking format in terms of dialog boxes and such, especially with V8. But it is still pretty DOS looking to me. Pull down menues would be a definate plus!!

Surfcam old interface that has a simular layout to Mastercam was abandon for the autocad style. Although i hate that program & WISH I COULD GET MY MONEY BACK mad.gif !!!! the changes were more in line with most windows programs "pull downs menues & fly out icons". For me the change was a great improvement. IMHO i hope in the future we will soon follow suit.