Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T - Tree VMC 840

jspangler

Just for thought:

1 What control is on the machine?

2 Where does the service come from and how hard is it to get parts?

A deal is no deal if you have to wait 2 months for parts

Tree machines are owned by Excel, Taiwain.

I think thier main plant is in Wisconsin.

do your reasearch !!!!!!

my 2 cents

finecut

Hi

The machine is a 1994 model with a dynapath control, which the seller tells me will also run standard Gcode. He tells me he's using mcam, and using the mphaas post. It includes an SMW long run pallet switcher, and he has all the service records and it was just inspected a year ago by a Tree tech.

What do you think a fair price is for this.

Thanks

John

It sounds like a delta 20 control. i forgot when the 40 series came out.

The control is very tough, but what options are in the control ?

Memory amount?

buffered input, for dnc ?

floppy?

Hard drive?

This is a dos based control. Remember how that works? It can get a little nuts if all you know is windows, but it's not hard to learn.

There is no subs in the gcode side. Instead its a repeat of a range of line numbers. Kind of like a G97 call.

You can do 3d work with this control (with mastercam) so this is really where the memory or buffered input come in.

Iam not putting the machine down, just making you think past the price tag that says BUY ME !

If you go through with this Email me. I will give you a name of a repair tech that knows delta controls in his sleep. He's about 40 miles south of you. ( I used to live in L.A.)

Find out where you can get parts for the machine and who can do the set up

Finecut

PS Tree dropped the delta (autocon now) control for the seimens 2100

Dynapath was just sold by hurco. Its now a private employee owned company.

Hi

Again, thanks for all the responses.

The control is a 20M Dynapath, and the machine has a floppy drive, and an RS232 port. I will find out if there is a hard drive tomorrow. I remember DOS, so that shouldn't be a problem, and my Haas has the tool changer carousel in the enclosure too, so I'm hoping it will be OK.

Thanks

John

We currently have a Tree Master Journeyman 425

vertical mill. This has been a great machine. As far as service goes we just had ours serviced by Ellison Machine in Milwaukee. The service tech. was very knowledgable. Replacement parts are available but it could take awhile to get them.

Hi

It looks like the deals gonna go through, and i'm gonna end up with the tree and pallet switcher. The Seller is sending me a videotape of the machine cutting steel, doing tool changes, and changing speeds in the transmission. so i feel pretty safe. he is actually using it to finish a job while he films it.

I checked on servicce, and parts, and they are both readily available here in LA, so Many Thanks to everyone who helped me here.

Thanks Alot

John Spangler

www.hotshot.com