Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

okuma dnc

rchoward

is there an okuma dnc guru...

i am using an okuma mc4020 with a u10m control dnc was not purchased as option and costs $8000 to upgrade...

am i hooped... we hardly do any mold work, but once in a while i need to bust loose on a surfacing job...or a big xxxx wierdo pocket and mcam the code hog hoops me 126k is very little space.

is there a magic button to flip or what i have an rs232 port and buffer memory does it really cost that much to have someone flip a switch... it so the tech better wear rubber gloves because that is the button he is pushing on me ouch!!!

do you know if your controller has the DNC-B method of loading the program into the larger buffer?

Try this: program select, and then type the program name as follows (assuming the name is test.min)

test.min;b

And see what happens. (If its not ;b it may be ,b i cant remember)

Being the U10 control, I doubt you have the option. IF the controller hasn't got the DNC option, you're kind of screwed unless you pay the money frown.gif

Yes, split file is not as nice as drip feeding but it's a way around.

Mastercam splits NCI file in sections then you'll need to post each section to G codes then send to CNC one section at a time.

I like the DNC-Max way a litter better, since it splits file when transfer to CNC, you don't have to post so many little files. Just post one big file as you would do for drip feeding. Then in DNC-Max:

1. You can preset "Max file size" or "Max number of lines" or "Split at tool change" to split the file.

2. There is a section for "insert header/footer" of spited segments.

3. If your machine supports "Xon", you can choose "Wait for Xon between programs", otherwise you can set a "Next command" to trigger next send.

With the Mastercam way, you have to split the file yourself every time, with the DNC-Max way, you set it once and that's it, let the software do the split for you.

If you want to find more info, you can download a 30 full working demo by click the CIMCO logo at the bottom of this page. And if you are in Canada, feel free to send me an email:

[email protected]

[email protected]

Have a Wonderful Holiday!

Forgot to add, unlike CIMCO Edit OEM version, CIMCO DNC-Max does not come with Mastercam.

[ 12-24-2002, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Ying Jiang ]

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately Okuma DNC is all harware, so the investment is needed, its been a big beef with me for years, I believe now they are installing harddrives on the okuma machining centers to get around this problem, check with you local distributor to see if this option is cheaper than DNC-B.....and if it can be retrofitted...come on Okume get with the times, increse your base memory size

wink.gif