Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post Development

Toby

Having spent a lot of time tweeking posts, I've found 4 things that help make it go faster... Back up your posts, practice, practice and practice. The more you do it, the more you will understand, and the more familiar you will become with the syntax and structure of this language.

After all, it's just another 'programming' language, not unlike C++ or Basic. I haven't heard of any 'front ends' or GUI's for post development.

I guess we should just be thankful that we are afforded the ability to modify them ourselves... Not like some other CAM programs. (I won't mention any names in particular, but thier initials are Virtual Gibbs) eek.gif

Rekd

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

LOL!!!!!!

Get you hands on the Post Processor Manual. You can get one from your dealer for a fairly reasonable price (Being that this is the internet and someone from Zimbabwe may be reading this I'll refrain from quoting the actual price).

James Meyette

I bought a maunual a few weeks ago 35$ & it a sept 97 from VER 6 release. Im told this is the latest up to date manual. I picked up a little here & there. So i,m still a post newbie biggrin.gif . A heck of alot to learn, I,m trying. But i really would like to take some class's to shorten the learning curve. My dealer doesn't offer post class's.

Can anyone out there tell me of a dealer that does offer post classes?

Kenny

I'm pretty sure that Craig Madsen, our local dealer here on the west coast, offers some post classes. from your home town it might be alot better/closer to go to CNC Software for a class or two. I'll bet though the weather is much better here in California! biggrin.gif

------------------

Toby Baughman

Magic Mfg

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

In understand there are some prerequisites to taking that Post Class @ CNC. You'll want to contact them.

We don't offer Post Classes, but if someone wants to pay................ eek.gif

James Meyette

Toby,

If your dealer offers no classes, I offer a post class at our school. It is a basic class, but the info we cover is very useful. If you are interested, send me an e-mail or call my office. You can get my number from www.sandiegomastercam.com .I know that this will be a drive for you, but the class is pretty good.

------------------

Trevor Bailey

www.sandiegomastercam.com

Hmm, that should be interesting. It's going to be quite the project if they can pull it off...

I can't imagine they would be able to cover all aspects of posting that way, considering the number of variables, user-defined functions and so on. It would definately make it easier to make basic mods to your post tho.. smile.gif

Which leads my wandering mind deep into the future to the possibility of CNC Software switching to a binary Post... confused.gif Naaaa.

Rekd

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The GUI Post Builder has no release date yet. The detalis, i.e. cost; if any, level of functionality, etc... are still under consideration.

ProductDevelopmentGuy....... we're anxiously waiting eek.gif, but I for one will wait for quality! biggrin.gif

V8 was worth the wait. It's been a nice product, had to wait a while, but it is a nice product.

James Meyette

Did someone say binary post processor? I hope as hell that won't happen!

As for the GUI interface, I hope the output files will be ASCII files, which can be edited manually afterwards.

Binary files are files, that cannot be edited.

------------------

Christian Raebild

Post processor developer for CIMCO Integration, the Danish Mastercam reseller.

Yes we are working on a "GUI" Post Constructor/Editor. Since it's now January, I can promise it sometime this year. As guessed in an earlier posting, it has been delayed somewhat by the workload our Post guys are under. It'll most likely go out to (selected) dealers for review and testing in the next couple months. And that's all I'm going to say on that...

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I'm glad I can out that rumor to rest. I wish I could get my boss to spring for that post class. I'd go even in the dead of winter. I'm sure I could glean some good info on posts from a class.

Most of my knowledge comes from programming as a youth and hands on post work as an Applications Engineer for a Machine Tool Builder, leeching info off Glenn our 5 Axis Post Guru and finally being a Mastercam Rep. I'm forced to be able to do all but the most heavy post stuff. But I like it. I'm really waiting with baited breath for that GUI Post Builder. biggrin.gif (hint, hint, ProductDevelopmentGuy biggrin.gif)

James Meyette cool.gif

p.s. it was about 80 Degrees today. I wish winter would get here. wink.gif

Humm Hummm James

I am the boss cool.gif & the cost for the two day class is very reasonable.(cheap)

Id love to go to Cali were the weathers nice,

but at Tolland Ct is were the Mastercam head quarter is .Figure id hang with the big Big guys. Before i go i,mma gonna study my butt off with the post manual to get a jump on things.

Ohhh yea when will a more up to date manual be coming out . The last publication is Sept 97 From version 6. That really old & it dosn't cover the post inhansments to V8.

Kenny