Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Truesolid 5 Axis Verification

Mick

I have a post from my dealer. Problems still occur though.

I have a fundamental issue with proving intermediate files - the machine runs gcode, and so this is what should be proven.

Jay and James - you have done nothing to sell the value of this add on, where is the benefit?

Andrew, If you are looking to prove the g-code that your post is generating then may I suggest an after-market add on such as the full version of the included Cimco edit. This will allow you to view the part "machining" with the code along side it. Also gives you the ability to make changes and edit on the fly. Very useful. And I think it may be what you are looking for.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Don't get your panties in a bunch Andrew, just pokin at ya. Actually I was going to suggest a standalone product such as Vericut or Predator. Though I am not familiar with the 4/5 Axis capabilities of Predator, I know Vericut will do it.

But you do need a quality post though. The 4/5 Axis True Solid Verify Add-On in MC works quite well. I've tried it a few times in Class on some 5 Axis Parts I did in the past. It would serve to prove out NCI which is often critical in writing a good 5 Axis Post.

JM2C

Glenn,

Thanks for the validation, this was a tough lesson learned with ProNC. The tool path looked right on the screen simulation but the post wiped thru the part on a simultaneous xyzc retract move.

Question - will this trusolid work within lathe9/mill bundle?

[ 01-16-2003, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Andrew McRae ]