Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Master Cam freeze

JCAMP00

Hi,

I am running a 1.7ghz p4 Dell Precision 340 w/ Win XP Pro sp1, 768mb ram, nvidia quadro2 mxr/ex 32mb graphics card and MasterCAM v9. sp1. mill Lev.1

I am having a problem in which my mastercam will suddenly lock up without warning causing me to loose all current data. MasterCam is the only application on my computer that will lock up and it does not seem to matter if it is the only program opened at the time or not. It seems to lock up only after having files opened a long time.

This problem persists after upgrading RAM from 256 to 768mb, downloaded most recent NVIDIA graphics drivers, changed RAM allocations in Master Cam configuration settings, and moving my auto-save file from the network to my local hard drive.

I am thinking that my low-end graphics card might be the problem.

If you have any tips or suggestions on how to resolve this problem they would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I have found that if I leave a Mastercam session

containing large solids open for a long time with no activity ( went to lunch etc) that Mastercam will be locked up when I get back. There will be a parasolid error code on the screen. A hard boot

will be required to get the machine running again

and the MC9 file will be empty when its all over.

The solution is - don't leave solids up on the screen unattended. Just minimizing Mastercam will prevent the problem.

JCAMPOO,

I have found that the Screen Saver and Power settings for the pc contribute to a majority of unexplained lockups. If you've exhausted all the possibilities of RAM allocation within Mastercam, check to make sure your Screen Saver is not turned on and the Power settings are set to "never". HTH biggrin.gif