Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cadkey files need converted

Roger

Matt,

SAT would be great. I have uploaded the files to the FTP site. They are in the folder for files for CNC inc. Listed as folder cam 1, and cam 2.

I was trying to put them in the files to be converted folder, oops...

Many thanks!!!!

Roger

Roger,

The files are in the "files to be converted to MC" folder under "prtfilesconverrtedbymatt.zip"

I am uploading them right now, so it should be a few minutes.

I exported them into IGES for you. Some of them had wireframe entities and they didn't get exported properly in SAT.

I was able to bring a few of these .IGES files into MC V8.1.1 with no problem and they even looked like the original! :-)

They do come in as splines though, so you if want arcs and line go to Modify/Conv to Arvs.

I usually use the SAT format, however some of Rogers files had wireframe in it as well as solids, so I exported those as IGES files. The wireframe didn't export properly in SAT.

The only thing is that the IGES files come into MCAM as NURBS splines, but that is easily corrected (Thanks to the tip I found a few months ago on this forum!).

Roger: I have emailed the files to your email address in your profile on this board. I was not able to properly upload them to the FTP. I am stuck on a dial up account and it kept booting me off.

Thanks again Matt. You saved me alot of time, I will need to run toolpaths on these parts. And all I had for opening them was a cadkey viewer program. Which isn't good for much.

My hasp is at work, so I'll have to wait to open them.

Once again, THANKS!!!