Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T printer port "DOT4"

Elad

Hi,

Today when i tried to print from MC i had a problem :

It took few min to the printer to start printing,

and when i clicked the printer i noticed that it sends a 5mb to the printer eek.gif

How come??all the mc9 is less then 5mb!

When i checked the port in the printer properties,i found out that the printer is connected to a port named DOT4.

I changed it to LPT1 and i got an error message when trying to print again.

What is this DOT4??

Is there any connection to the slow printing??

Thanks. smile.gif

I installed a new HP printer on a USB cable a short time ago and the DOT4 port was installed. I have noticed on occasion that the printer takes a long time(30-60sec) to start printing. The following is information about DOT4 from HP's web site.

"DOT4 is an IEEE industry standard that supports multi-function peripherals (MFPs) within an operating system. Microsoft Windows 2000 and XP provide a DOT4 driver that creates different port settings (including the virtual DOT4 port) for each function of an MFP, and allows Windows 2000 and XP print servers to simultaneously send data to multiple parts of an MFP." web page

HTH

John