Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Radial pocket toolpath

If anyone reads this, make sure you add in a radial toolpath pocketing option. I know radial surface cutting is allowed, but we do lots of large round parts and it would be nice if the milling toolpath could originate from the center of the part, to give it a clean cut, right now we have to use the angle at the center of a profile and do a linear path, it would be nice not to pick that angle for the toolpath and just use an auto calculated path. I hope I have explained it clear enough what I am trying to do. Maybe they can get it in 9.1 real quick so I can use it when its released. Just a hope and dream.

ps- I am aware of making surfaces and running radial paths that way, but its just not very efficient and usually doesnt tool inside the boundaries.