Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Chain sorting and direction

We are doing some lettering for a tire mold. I'm having trouble chaining the entities in one direction. What I'm saying is that it is picking up and skipping a few letters and then going back to get them in unwanted sequences. How do I get them to chain in a one way order where it doesnt skip entities. We just started using MCam in September, and we have mill level 3. We have been tooling in Smartcam, and it wil sort them right, but we are trying to go to mastercam totally. I know theres a way, but I'm not all that familiar yet.

Jeremy,

I'm guessing that you are chaining via a window. I do quite a bit of engraving and the only way that I have found to do it is to either manually chain the entites or a faster method is to reverse/reorder by the operations-manager geometry dialog box. Although the latter method sometimes bogs down my computer when several hundred chains are involved. In that case, I chain as two separate operations.

I wish there was a more reliable method as well. I have thrown away some good parts because I did not catch a reversed chain in time.

good luck

The engrave module is really nice. It forms closed contours into a 3-axis contour, with an engraving tool, so that the letters don't look so 2 dimensional. It has all the features one would expect from MC, depth cuts, depth control, and pocket routine....

Like lots of things, once you have access to it, you don't know how you lived without it.