Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

transform tool paths

TREV

i am using mc v8.1, i would like to know when i transform mirror a toolpath the option box method and work offset are not allowed. i am trying to run one part g54 and mirror g55. i have been able to use work offsets with the translate and rotate

transformations but no luck with mirror. any help would be appreciated. thanks,trevor

thanks peter but the option box for tool plane andcoordinate plane is not even highlighted.i have used this in the past to translate and rotate a toolpath this was first try at mirror.the function also is working when i am just using it on regular operations. the transform mirror is the only time it does not work. thanks again trevor

quote:

i am using mc v8.1, i would like to know when i transform mirror a toolpath the option box method and work offset are not allowed. i am trying to run one part g54 and mirror g55. i have been able to use work offsets with the translate and rotate

transformations but no luck with mirror. any help would be appreciated. thanks,trevor

In the upper right corner of the transform toolpath dialog, on the 'Types and Methods' page, select 'create new operations and geometry' and 'Keep this operation'. That will mirror the geometry and toolpaths, and create them as new independant operations. You can then select the operations and change the work offsets to whatever you want.

By selecting 'Keep this operation' you retain the transform operation, which will allow you to re-generate the toolpaths if you need to do that.