Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HORZ QUSTION

HEAVY METAL

i programming a horz mill and my post is set for horz but when i post code their is a B value for rotation.i started file by changing wcs to front and same for cplane and tplane.then i draw geo and place toolpath.i backplot and it shows tool approaching part correctly. but post is wanting to rotate table t0 b270.i guess my question is how to change post to look at front wcs as 0

thanks hm

Heavy,

Changing the Cplane and Tplane to Front at the same time as the WCS will make them a Front of a Front view, or Bottom from the World Plane. Whenever you set your WCS it makes the selected view the TOP. When the WCS is Front, you should start off with the Cplane and Tplane set to TOP. If you don't want the WCS set to Front, simply set your Cplane and Tplane to Front, as Roger stated. Most of the posts that come with Mcam on the disk will output this angle correctly but if you then rotate the Front Tplane (or Top when WCS is Front), to the Side Tplane, Mcam treats this as a 5th axis index and the majority of the posts will not output this correctly without modification. HTH biggrin.gif

[ 02-18-2003, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Peter Scott ]