Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3 Surface

DH

Hello!

I am still having problem in create 3D surface. The designer at my company always gives wireframe only. I uploaded one particular his wireframe is called 3D surf in MC9 folder. Can someone please help me out to put surface on this wireframe. By the way, can someone please suggest any book so that i can master in create 3D surface. Thanks a lot

Hi all,

The designer is not in our company, he is a contract designer. If my boss tells the designer put 3D surface on will cost him(boss) a lot of money. My boss argued with me that the cnc guy before can create 3D surface, why can't i create it? For cadcam, is this possible to create 3D surface from 2D wire? For terry&terry, thanks for information on Sheridan college. I am going to look for a course on weekend if it is opened. Thanks for your reply

DH we are not saying he has to creat a surface file but at least give you a 3d wire so it is easy to make the surface from.

I can make an solid file from what you have or a 3d wire fram and make surfaces.

but it takes a little time.

quote:

If you lived in the Los Angeles, CA area, I would

suggest to take the Basic then the Advanced Mastercam courses at Norwalk, at NTMA training Center.

I then would tell you to take it at the North Hollywood training Center with me.

I am at this moment in the middle of my Advance class as I type we are making surfaces now.

Have a good weekend.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Your boss is loosing alot of money if the designer only supplies 2d layouts of 3d parts.

Welcome to my world. Our "Engineers" for the most part only know how to do it this way. I guess we have AutoCAD to thank for that. I think we have maybe 4-5 out of something like 20 "Engineers" that know how to draw in 3-D. It sucks. BIG TIME! Because essentially we have to do their job for them. Though we have been insisting lately that the few models that we do get are correct and this is helping somewhat. But still.........