Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T new Mazak Nexus 510C just arrived

rsbeadle

We just got in our new Mazak 510c in and are waiting for the set-up guy to come in and get it going this week. This machine looks great. It is a very beefy casting and the Y axis ways must be four feet apart. We got the thru coolant (air and coolant) and 12,000 rpm, 30 tool, 40 taper. Anyone have this machine? I was wondering if I should expect any problems with the initial start-up, such as leaks, computer glitches, post processor problems, or anything I'm not thinking of. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks

quote:

Search the forum for other mazak posts

Not much positive Mazak energy flowing out here...

I'll not poison this thread with my bad karma

Where's "Mazak Jack" Mitchell on this? He has some good Mazak experience.

I have a couple of questions for you:

1) Is this your first Mazak?

2) Do you plan on using Mazatrol or EIA / ISO programming, as Andrew asked?

3) What pressure does your coolant-through run?

With high pressure coolant (or any coolant-through machine, for that matter) you are bound to have some coolant squeaking thru the joints in the sheetmetal somewhere; never a bad idea to have some sealer around.

Don't let the service guy leave and don't sign anything saying that he's done until you are completely satisfied with how the machine looks and you see that all of your accessories / options are correctly installed.

Oh yeah, you'll probably want a warm-up program for that 12,000RPM spindle

Good luck.

C

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

It seems as though we (programming) will be getting our very own HAAS machines (4 of them) - one for each of us. I have a feeling we'll be replacing our Cinci's with HAAS which I would welcome believe it or not. I hate Cinci above all others. We're getting 2 SH-8000's in an LPP configuration and an SH-503 in an LPP configuration to add to another SH-500 we have. I have a sneaking suspicion that within 5 years the only machines we'll have will be HAAS and Mori Seiki. I know the Mori's are staying thank goodness.

I finally got time to get back to check the forum. The set-up guy finally got here today and got the machine powered up (he got called away for a warranty call down the street this morning). I'll try to address some of the questions from the other replies. No, this is not our first Mazak, we have an older model AJV 25-404 in my cell, and three others in the die-cast cell. Die-cast has a new FJV with chilled ball screws and all the bells and whistles (show machine). They also heve a large machine they use for holding blocks and large dies (50 taper) and another VTC. We are very pleased with all four machines and are very impressed with the looks of the new Nexus. We got the standard pressure pump for the thru-coolant (71 psi.?). I do see a lot of openings around cables and hoses that could leak coolant (I will probably silicone around these) and we didn't get the optional tool changer door to cover the opening where the tools come through into the work area. The machine has covers and drains in the tool changer area to drain coolant back into the machine if it gets through the opening though. We will be using standard g-code programming (eai/iso) as most of our operators would slow the feeds in Mazatrol down so that they wouldn't have to set up as often. We also have a couple of Bridgeport Torque-cut machines that run O.K., but they are so hard to get parts for that we are phasing them out and going to Mazaks. I think I got all the questions and I'll get back to the forum when I get the machine up and throwing chips. Thanks for the replies.