Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCAM Basics to start ....

ash

Hello Guys -

I am Ash a Proe Pro. My company just bought us a copy of MasterCAM 9.

Since being a model designer in all through my career, I kindda I am finding it a bit puzzling to start using the tools.

Can anyone please give me some links where I can get a start - wherein I can really grasp the power of this CAM tool.

Thanks again

Ash

Hi Ash

quote:

I am Ash a Proe Pro.

For a quick fix patch :::

Make a sheet of ProE feature names.

Ask your reseller if he has anyone that is familiar with ProE and Mastercam to translate the equal feature in Mastercam.

A person can learn MC on there own, but, if you could possily take a class you will be better off in the long run I.M.H.O .

This Forum is a great place for info and tips.

I hope you find Mastercam useful.

[ 03-05-2003, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

Ash every time you pick a button on the left go to the question mark on the top bar and it will tell you about the next set of bottons by the option.

Now a easer way to get some basics to start with along with a class of course is to buy a book from this site to help you get started.

Also you can try some of the samples in the books that came with the software.

One of the best things MC has done is develope an excellent training program. The courses you can take with your dealer are great, they helped me tremendously when I first started out. The books are great and the "?" function in MC is great it gives a very good description of what that function actually does. It will take some studying on your part but once you get it under your belt you will wonder how you lived with out it. GOOD LUCK

cheers.gif

Ash,

I am a trainer at a reseller and we have several clients that use Pro-E. I even came from a manufacturing background programming, setting-up and running CNC machine tools from converted Pro-E files. The best hardcopy resource I know of for Mastercam is Scholars International "Mastercam Version 9 Mill and Solids", Dr.'s Lin and Shiue (authors). This is a book available from your reseller. It is well worth the investment. Not only does it cover just about anything in Mastercam Mill with the Solids add-on, it also provides a lot of basic machining information in the front of the book. This book is very easy to read, not as you would expect from a large textbook. It also comes with excellent samples on two disks. Beyond that, the training provided from your reseller is the best resource for getting started on learning "the power of this CAM tool". HTH cheers.gif