Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Thread Milling

steve f

I work with alot of plastic and often need to thread close to the bottom of a hole without breaking thru. I also found most taps cut undersize in plastic and far to often a hole would come out oversize when material loaded up on the tap. Thread milling has become a norm on many of my parts. M3 is the smallest so far 9mm deep. Burrs and hairs are much less of a problem also. Thread mills are your friend.

We manufacture threadmills and use them quite often. Tool Fabrication (the company i work for) bought the Schmarje Tool Company about two years ago and that was my first experiance with threadmilling, I think they are great! the ones that "we" make are precision ground within .0002. They have saved us and our custumers a ton of time and money!

cheers.gif

WE HAVE USED THREAD MILLING FOR AR500 AND ALSO FOR LARGER HOLES ON HORIZONTAL BAR MILLS...1-1/2 AND UP. THREAD MILLING ALSO WORKS GOOD IF THE AREA AT THE BOTTOM OF THE HOLE IS IRREGULAR WHEN BREAKING THROUGH. WE ALSO USE IT WHEN WE HAVE AN OFFSET SHAFT TO BIG TO FIT IN ARE 42" LATHE, OR SO WE DON'T HAVE TO DISSAMBLE THE SHAFT FOR DOING O.D THREADS. BIG PIPE TAPS TOO. WORKS GOOD AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO LOOK OUT FOR FLYING TAPS. smile.gif