Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Deep Drilling

Marker

I am drilling 4340 with a Kennametal Sculptured Edge 10x diameter drill. I need to slow down the Speed and Feed upon entry then change back to normal. I am spot drilling before hand. Does anyone know how I can post this? Is there a canned cycle that will allow this? I am using Mastercam V9.01 with mpmaster.pst. Controller is a Fanuc 18M on a Hitachi Seiki VS60.

Thanks

Ive done this with the Kennemetal KTF drills like this...

Make a copy of your post for this purpose.

In post:

# Enable Canned Drill Cycle Switches

# -------------------------------------

usecanchip : no #Use canned cycle for Chip Break <------change this question to "no"

In MC9 operations:

Use Chip Breaker Cycle

- Set Initial peck to the depth of slow (first) feed.

- Set Subsequent Peck to a value GREATER than the final depth.

- Set Peck Clearance 0

- Set Retract to 0

The code will include multiple moves on the depth, but you will still have to add a feed change manually in the code.

In NC Code:

N108 G43 H1 Z2.

N110 Z.1

N112 G1 Z-.15 F4.

N114 Z-2. <---------Add High Feed Rate Here

N116 G0 Z2.

N118 M5

I havent had do do this enough to figure out how to set up a special cycle to output the 2nd feed rate. I have just done the manual edit when neccessary.

Longshot here but ... did you check if by chance there is a fancy advanced canned cycle for this in your control ?

For some reason the post will not output long code when I change the "usecanchip" setting. It does, however, when the "usecanned" setting is changed to no.

Hopefully, since changing feeds and speeds upon entry is becoming more common, someone can figure out how to post this without editing. I'll work on it when I have more time. We're at 50+ hours a week already!

I don't believe the controller has a canned cycle that will do this, but I'll do more research.

Thanks for everyones help.

If you have any experience with post editing you could try something like...

Set mi4 (miscellaneous real 4) to the desired starting feed rate and mi5 to the starting feed rate depth and out spits your perfect code. My bet is that at 50+ hours you probably won't have time to look at something like this for a while so talking to your dealer is a possibility. Something could be set up as well with a custom canned cycle on the third page of drilling parameters that might accomplish the same thing.

Steve