Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

password protection

Jammer™

Yes, I have one for windows. But my password has become public info. It is out of my hands, but I thought I could stop people from changing my MC settings at night when they are playing around. I know I can set up a different config. But If they log on windows as me, then that doesn't help me.

v9 will load a config file as command line. create a link with you cfg file and stick the shortcut in a submenu somewhere. Let the desktop shortcut be blank and load the default config file.

Or better yet have the desktop icon/link load a config file with horrible colors, fonts, and settings.

For version 8 same concept except no command line loading of config files. Manually copy your config file at night and restore it in the morning. Or create a batch file to do this.

Bryan smile.gif

quote:

Change password in Windows, BIOS password, break their fingers off...any should work.

My old boss used to LOVE to play games while the rest of us were working. One day I made this little proggy that, when run, would flash a blank screen and give a stern warning about the proper use of computer resources during working hours. I named it sol.exe and replaced the one on his computer. Then his wife and I waited...

Within 15 minutes he came running through the shop screaming because his computer wouldn't work. He finally got enough nerve to ask me to help him, and though a bit reluctant, finally confessed to trying to play a game when all the trouble started...

'Rekd teh "You're asking for it!"

[ 03-28-2003, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

I like to switch the keys on the keyboard. The most used ones like the "A" and "S" keys. Tape under the mouse, so the mouse ball will not roll. Changing the screensaver and background and then removing the permissions to change them. You go to the display properties in control panels and the tabs for background and screensaver are not there. biggrin.gif In Win95/98/ME you could change the shell from Explorer.exe to any program. The old "progman" 3.1 program manager. Solitaire is a good shell. The computer boots, no start menu just Solitaire, you close it and Windows shuts down.

So many pranks too little time smile.gif