Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

System config problem in V9.1?

Michael Reynolds

Mike when you installedthe 9.1 did you just install over the old or did you save the file you wanted to keep and the then do a new install?

If not this Is the ideal way that we suggest.

the picture is from my 9.1 I do not have 9.0 SP1 installed at all.

Mike,

What's your screen resolution set at? If it's too low it may cause some of the dialog boxes in MC to clip.

As a fix you can open Mill9.cfg (or Mill9m.cfg) and look for

code:

[allocations]

201. Maximum number of points per spline? 4000

202. Maximum number of patches per surface? 4000

203. Maximum number of entities for undelete? 500

205. Database allocation in Kbytes? 18000

206. Toolpath allocation in Kbytes? 4000

'Rekd teh Band-aid

quote:

I noticed this also,

You cannot have any file open in MCam or it won't show up.

Hit File,New and then go to Screen,Configure and Viola!!!

I find it woks fine with a file open or not.

I never use the Alt-F8 but alwas use the Screen Config way and it,S alwas there.

JM2C

[ 04-07-2003, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

Out of MCam Help, notice last paragraph:

1. Choose Main Menu, Screen, Configure. The System Configuration dialog box opens.

2. Choose the Allocations tab. The Allocations page opens and displays the total amount of RAM currently allocated to Mastercam. This value cannot be changed.

¨ Highlight each value you want to change and enter a new value. For a definition of each option, click on ? in the upper-right corner of the dialog box then on the option.

3. Do one of the following:

¨ Choose OK to enact all settings from all tabs and close the dialog box.

Choose Yes to update the current Configuration File. Choose No to use the settings only for the current Mastercam session.

¨ Choose Cancel to abandon all changes made to this as well as to other tabs and close the dialog box.

Note: You can also access the System Configuration dialog box by pressing [Alt+F8], although the Allocations tab is disabled.

Michael

I don't know if anyone responded to your query about Metacut (I didn't see an answer in my quick scan of this thread) so I'll take my shot at it:

Metacut is an add-on (extra-cost) product that has been included as a demo (30 days, I think) in V9.1; you should also see a "MCU" icon in your ops manager that is related to this program.

C

quote:

I find it woks fine with a file open or not.

I've noticed that if I have a file open, and go to Screen/Configure, change ANYTHING, and save the changes, it updates all my default folder settings to the one used in the CURRENT file.

So the next time I start MC, all my folder info is set to the file I last opened, usually 2 to 4 folders deeper than I want to be.

Anyone else notice this?

WinEcksPee running on P4 2Ghz 504RAM Intel 82845G/GL Grafix card. (No laughing at the grafix card please...)

'Rekd teh "Did ya ever stop to think... then forget to start again?"

quote:

I've noticed that if I have a file open, and go to Screen/Configure, change ANYTHING, and save the changes, it updates all my default folder settings to the one used in the CURRENT file.........Anyone else notice this?

Yes. Same thing happens to me. Not a big deal, just a bit of a nuissance(?)

[ 04-07-2003, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Zero ]