Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Natively modeled solid parts

Matt Niadna

Just wanted to get an idea what you guys out there are doing with the solids package in MCAM. The last thing I modeled in mastercam solids was this screw driver, over a year ago. It was just for fun....., but it is an exact replica. Let's see some art. You can fid the screwdriver as Solid Craftsman.jpg in: ftp://mastercam:[email protected]/Ma..._Jpg,gif,bmp's/

Fire it up!!!!

[ 04-11-2003, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: Matt Niadna ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I modeled one of Chick's Double Vises. Washers, bushings, pins, plates, blocks and all. It's at least as accurate as the vise. Actually I put them on a rotary tombstone too.

My boss modeled a kayak that you'll see in Mastercam Literature sometime in the future.

We do lots of cool stuff that we can't show off unfortunately. We'd win the "Wildest Part Contest" every year. biggrin.gifwink.gif Maybe.....

Pretty good job with that screwdriver Matt. Have any real hassles building that thing? I know MC isn't the best solid modeler... Do you remember how long it took?

I'm putting some screen dumps now in the All_pictures folder on the FTP called Package_Front.jpg

Package_Back.jpg

and

Package_Inside.jpg

of a thermoform package I recently modeled with MC solids. Took me about 10 hours (that includes modeling the package, setting the inside surfaces up for machining {creating runoff surfaces ..etc.} and toolpathing). Had trimmed clear packages in under 3 days from nothing (except for a pencil sketch done on a napkin eek.gif ). It's a fairly simple model and I wish I could put something a little more interesting to show you on the FTP, but we do prototypes here, and the work is pretty confidential. Give me a few months and I can show you a miter table I modeled in MC with surfaces, it came out really slick. wink.gif ..or you can see it in the harware store when it comes out biggrin.gifcool.gif

[ 04-16-2003, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Zero ]