Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Another V9.1 Question (Post related)

Slick

Okay I admit it, I did a search, but just imagine how many threads come up when you search for the word "post" eek.gif

What I was wondering (Trying to be as detailed as I can biggrin.gif ):

With V9.1 when I go to post tool path, it appears that metacut is regenerating my toolpath which causes a couple of seconds of a pause, no big deal, but also, at the end of my code I'm getting a detailed tool list that is making reference to MCU. No big deal again, but it does have to be deleted. I ran the update post c-hook and tried it which gave me the same result. Any help out there on how to get rid of this?

Example:

G0 Z.5

M9 (The next lines here until the "M2")

MCUSTOCK X17.7287006 Y2.8117001 Z0.3 OTC OX-8.8013 OY-0.2722 OZ-0.2

MCUPTOOL T1 D0.5 L3. F3. R0.09 C0

MCUPTOOL T1 D0.5 L3. F3. R0.09 C1

MCUPTOOL T1 D0.5 L3. F3. R0.09 C0

MCUPTOOL T2 D0.228 L3. F3. A118.

MCUPTOOL T2 D0.228 L3. F3. A118.

MCUPTOOL T3 D0.2188 L3. F3.

MCUPTOOL T4 D0.125 L3. F3. R0.0625 C0

MCUPTOOL T4 D0.125 L3. F3. R0.0625 C0

G28 P4

M6 T1

M2

Slick:

Start Metacut outside of Mastercam, go to Options, Program Setup, Partners, under Partner setup select Mastercam, Uncheck "Add automatic tool and stock definitions to G-code"

Slick,

The pause is metacut parsing toolpaths for tool info, limits, etc. It then puts this info at end of nci as g-code 1005. Most posts have a call to comment in the peof postblock and this is were the magic happens. You can fix it here or...

If when you start Mastercam you click on Metacut button to open it then close it the chook does not put the mcu stuff on the op manager.

I think the swinging window is cool.

Thanks

Jimmy

I called NWD and asked them why their stock info was not put in the .nc file as a comment they said that it should have been. I emailed them my post and they fixed it for me in less than an hour. Now are machine should(have not tried it yet) not throw up a pile of errors.

Jody