Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

simple things in x5 wont work

JOHNAKA

The simple things in x5 wont work.

1- Lathe level 1

facing canned cycle wont work properly. the tool alawys want to move foward than retract back to the start point. cut and than move to the end point before it goes home.

2- Mill level 3 advance multi, morgh between two curves.i use that for to mill complicated fans, so if i switch to 4 axis. tool axis control, rotary axis is gone, seems to be omitted from that operation, now how the xxxx this suppose to work if u cant tell the tool where is the axis of rotation. This so far what i got from using this x5.

Now i use this advance multi axis to program 5 axis parts all the time. such as impellers, fans, compressors. i dont know why they omitted the rotary axis out of that operation.

i will refer back to x4 until they fix this, hopefully soon. Peace out.

misc/switch to advanced interface

Thanks gcode, i have founded on the left menu just click on the + sign and there it was actualy everything in there, just moved around or rearranged. misc/ no switch shown.but thanks anyway

still the lathe missed up just the facing canned cycle

:)

You've had better luck with canned cycles than I have in mc lathe. I've never got any of them to work right in any version but maybe it's just me not setting something up for them. I always use longhand when using mastercam lathe.

didnt have much of problems before, most of the time if ur canned cycle dont run on the cnc machine, cause the parameter in there not set to take canned cycle type one or type 2 at the same time .

older machine for example. or haas lathes, but this can easily fix if u setup ur post to post n sequence number seperately, that will fix most of the problem. the second one is try to canned cycle from mastercam is the toolpath set to sqaure as it can be. but this x5 facing canned cycle is realy missed up. cause if i import a geo from x4 into x5 with toolpath for facing in it, work fine. but if u try to make a new facing canned cycle, that missed up. oh well. mastercam is almost like microsoft products now. release something and have the public test it. :)