Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCX5 Verify

ricktv2

I just installed MCX5. I opened a file that I created im MCX4. The model includes surfacing a cylindrical bore. The file backplots and posts fine. I checked the NC file against the MCX4 NC file and they posted the same. My problem is when I verify. On my surface finish parrallel toolpath verify does not work correctly. It shows the tool driving thru the stock. I regenerated the file and made sure that the NCI file was saving to the correct MCX5 folder. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

I have been working with this. I have found that if I change my surfacing filter settings ( turn off create arcs in XY, XZ and YZ ) it verifys fine. When I change the filter settings back, it appears to drive tool thru part again. Depending on tolerance settings it may obliterate entire stock in verify.

I checked my file, tool is correct. I also deleted the tool and created a new one, and the verify is still incorrect. It will verify correctly if I do one of two things, 1) comp to tip or 2) remove all filter settings. Should I send this to QC?

yes