Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Drawing NPT

Thoob

Help a noob out fellas. lol. I'm trying to draw an NPT. This is the first time I use Mastercam for making npt threads. I am trying to figure out basically how to draw it. I know the angle is 1.783. What I'm trying to figure out is the large part of the taper diameter. I have a part that is 1.25 long and it needs a 1/4 npt internal. The OD of the pipe is .540 so would I make the large end this diameter, then taper smaller by 1.783 degrees? I have a chart that lists the OD's of different pipes and I would assume that this would be the larger diameter when boring the taper?

I use a software that I found somewhere called Stellram Threading application Software. I don't know where I got it from but it works great. All you have to do is pick what thread you are putting in and it gives you all the information you need to program it. Here is a link to it, when you go to the web site the threading software is on the bottom right side of the page. Just download it.

Awesome. I will definitely take a look. Thanks a lot.

**EDIT**

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32bit) or x64 (64bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

I guess Windows 7 64bit is not supported? I didn't have an option when downloading to pick whether I had 32 or 64 bit.

Awesome. I will definitely take a look. Thanks a lot.

**EDIT**

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32bit) or x64 (64bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

I guess Windows 7 64bit is not supported? I didn't have an option when downloading to pick whether I had 32 or 64 bit.

This is a very old program written using Delphi Turbo Pascal.

You can get around the limit on the setup by telling it to run in Compatability Mode for Xp.

This is a very old program written using Delphi Turbo Pascal.

You can get around the limit on the setup by telling it to run in Compatability Mode for Xp.

Ya I have it working on my home machine using XP mode virtual machine. I don't however have that on my work PC. How do you tell Windows to INSTALL with XP compatibility. I only see how to run the program in xp compatibility. (I don't have the program installed yet.) It keeps telling me I need to start the program to see if the new settings have fixed it. I click start program but nothing happens.

Ya I have it working on my home machine using XP mode virtual machine. I don't however have that on my work PC. How do you tell Windows to INSTALL with XP compatibility. I only see how to run the program in xp compatibility. (I don't have the program installed yet.) It keeps telling me I need to start the program to see if the new settings have fixed it. I click start program but nothing happens.

Right-click on the setup file.

Properties| Compatibility | Xp Sp3 Mode