Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Broken Circle Mill??

E3CADCAM

Curious if anyone else has run into this... Circle mill -- Enable depth cuts without a finish pass, enable multi-pass with only one finish pass, and the depth cuts do not generate -- tool goes straight to depth and makes only one pass. This is something I do constantly to open up holes or terp counterbores and never had an issue with it.

Curious if anyone else has run into this... Circle mill -- Enable depth cuts without a finish pass, enable multi-pass with only one finish pass, and the depth cuts do not generate -- tool goes straight to depth and makes only one pass. This is something I do constantly to open up holes or terp counterbores and never had an issue with it.

Have you click finish at all depths?

circle1.gif

circle.gif

Used to be able to just do a single finish pass at full depth, that's more than adequate for what I use it for; don't really want to waste time finishing at each depth cut.

OK, now I am REALLY confused, not always that difficult to do to me, but do you or don't you want depth cuts?

In your first posting you say you're not getting them with the settings you're using, then you say you only want one pass.

Is it me? or am I losing something in translation?

I also see the same problem in X5. We want a tool path with depth cuts ( no axial finish pass ) and a radial finish pass only at final depth.

With this selection all your depth cuts will disapear. Change finishing from "final depth" to "all depths" and then depth cuts will be back.

But isn't the semi-finish box a new X5 thing?

With both semi-finishing and finishing checked with a single pass in both and depth cuts then "machine finish passes at" final depth works.

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

Just wondering if this was resolved. I just noticed this same issue happening to me and only on this particular workstation. I'm using X5 and have enabled depths of cut with one finish depth, and one finish pass on the diameter set for the final depth. The total depth of cut is -.500". The depth of cut is set at .100" and a finish depth of .015".

The toolpath in both the backplot and the post goes down to the feed plane set at .05" above the final depth (i.e. no depths of cut are posted.)

I've tried restarting Mastercam; deleting the operation and creating a new circle entity on a different level and still no depth cuts.

Your help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Norbert