Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mirror

Chris Rizzo

Word from cnc is Mastercam only outputs a different work offset when there is a toolplane change, or a toolplane origin change.

To get Mastercam to output a new work offset, change the origin of the plane.

....changed the “X” coordinate from 0 to .0001 and it did output the G55 for the mirrored toolpath.

So it looks like it's not a bug, it's just doesn't do what it should do, which is give a new offset for a simple mirrored part. (without using subs)

Word from cnc is Mastercam only outputs a different work offset when there is a toolplane change, or a toolplane origin change.

To get Mastercam to output a new work offset, change the origin of the plane.

....changed the “X” coordinate from 0 to .0001 and it did output the G55 for the mirrored toolpath.

So it looks like it's not a bug, it's just doesn't do what it should do, which is give a new offset for a simple mirrored part. (without using subs)

I wondered about this. I played with this along with my VAR for hours. I started to wonder if this was the direction that they were headed with this function. It worked in X4 although I wondered if it was their intention to have it work that way. In X4 Transform was very screwed up! I have several part files with proof of how f-d up it was. Everything from constant crashes during transform operations to sending Z Clearance moves to below the fixture surface.

Ive had very good luck with transform in X5 with none of the old glitches (other than a very occasional crash) but by fixing this I think that they broke some functionality that we thought was supposed to be there.

I wonder if they would listen to an enhancement request to add these fixture offset outputs. They are very important in some cases!