Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fixtures

Greg_J

I need some help finding good fixtures.

I have a part that we make it varies in size but functially it does the same thing. At the smallest it's around 1200kg and at the max about 2500kg.

Currently, setup 1 I set the block on it's side and mount it to an angle plate with 4 earth chain magnets and machine the first side. One feature that's on all the parts is 1/2-13 holes I use tham for mounting fixture plates, three for each plate.

Second setup, Right now we are using the 3R system I have 4 one for each corner. They are quite worn and need to be replaced or improved apon.

I have looked into the Mitee bite clamps but I'm not sure how to tie them into a good repeatable fixture.

Please post links if you can to vendors sites. Any help or ideas would be apreciated.

I can answer any questions you might have.

IMG_0504.jpg

TIA

Greg

Joe, we do.

That's the worst thing about the setup. I cut whitness marks in my first setup and then I dial my second setup to those marks then I tigten them down. It works well if we have a multiple part run but most times we get orders for one. A lot of time is lost on dialing in that part.

I looked at creating a plate with dowels in it to make the setup quicker but we have so many different parts the over lap is horrible. I would have to creat many plates to accomidate them then we would be spending time setting that up.

one quick change fixture mounted on center for location and to hold the part (3R, Kaiser, etc...), precision height spacers used to support the corners with some options for clamping the stock, or bolting the spacers to the stock.

Once the quick change is holding the the part in place, slide the spacers around so they can be bolted down to T slot as well as bolted or clamped to the stock. Make your spacers so you can easily get a ratchet in to bolt to table as well as the stock. This is pretty quick since you only have to know where one 3R fixture is but is supported well and held nice and ridgid. You can even pre-mount the spacers to the stock so they just need to be clamped down to the table.

HTH