Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

My X+ Setup Sheets

I just wanted to share how I use X+ to make setup Sheets.

I personally like using X+ Tool List, not the X+ Setup Sheet. Problem is I like things formated differently for Lathe and Mill. I also needed custom Icons for the toolbar to distinguish between the two.

So here's what I did.

Copy the X+ folder within \chooks folder. Name one "Mill X+" the other "Lathe X+".

Now open X+.ft from the chooks folder with a text editor

Now we reconfigure Tool list and Setup Sheet buttons to point to our 2 separate X+Folders and Tlist.dll's

In X+.FT we want to do the following:

APPLICATION "TList"

FUNC_DLL "chooks\Lathe X+\tlist.dll"

RES_DLL "chooks\Lathe X+\lang.dll"

CATEGORY "X+"

FUNCTION CPP "m_main"

SBMP 18002

LBMP 18003

TIP 1

END_FUNCTION

APPLICATION "XSetupsheet"

FUNC_DLL "chooks\Mill X+\tlist.dll"

RES_DLL "chooks\Mill X+\lang.dll"

CATEGORY "X+"

FUNCTION CPP "m_main"

INLINE

SBMP 18004

LBMP 18005

TIP 3

END_FUNCTION

Basically we are mapping "Tool List" to Lathe Tool list, "Setup Sheet" to Mill Tool List.

Now if we add X+ "Tool list" and "Setup Sheet" buttons to our toolbar we have two separate tool lists that when configured for the specific machine type will open the same next time.

Like so:

LATHE:

LATHE.jpg

MILL:

MILL.jpg

So to deal with the button Icons, I made my own and replaced them in the lang.dll file in both of the X+ folders we copied and renamed. Here's what my Icons on the toolbar look like. Very crude MSPaint action.... You can also changed any of the wording in the Tool List. You can see my mill setup sheet has "Hang Out" instead of "Overall Length" along with other changes.

I'll get into the lang.dll changes I made later

ICONS.jpg

Attached is example files, rename X+.bmp to X+.zip and extract:

setup sheet.doc

lang.dll - This has the icons embedded and the wording changes I made

X+.ft - this redirects as shown in the quoted section above.

I set MS Office to be default for .html and use the camera icon to take snapshots and paste them into the word document.

Hope this helps someone!

Josh-

X+.bmp

I am trying to do something MUCH simpler than Josh but, so far, no luck; maybe someone can help:

I'd like to append an '*' at the beginning and end of the Tool Manufacturer field on the X+ Tool List so that it will scan when I convert it to bar code.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Todd G.

I just wanted to share how I use X+ to make setup Sheets.

I personally like using X+ Tool List, not the X+ Setup Sheet. Problem is I like things formated differently for Lathe and Mill. I also needed custom Icons for the toolbar to distinguish between the two.

So here's what I did....

• 2 years later...