Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

"ActiveX component can't create object" problem

Moldmaker74

I did a search on the topic and nobody seemed to have a definite solution.

I am running X3 and I updated my CA security suite software to V7 (latest version).

Since doing this whenever I try to post a program I get the "ActiveX component can't create object" message then the editor will come up blank.

Should I try using a restore date in windows to see if the problem disappears, or do I try to repair the Mastercam Installation??

I had the CA security online guys go through and check my firewall settings and they also tested the ActiveX and it worked fine.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

That is exactly what I did was dissable the CA security and the problem persisted. We also opened all permissions for Mastercam in the settings too. I could try to uninstall and reinstall the CA security but I'm not convinced that it will help.

I read through some past issues... Mike Gates posted "In settings, configuration, start/exit, set the editor to PFE, post out a part . Now go back and set it to the Mastercam Editor. Try to post ans see if this has helped. I have seen it do this and usually this procedure fixes the problem."

The PFE editor works so I will use it now to make parts but it stopped working when I reverted back to the Mastercam editor.

Okay, So I had some time to work on this problem some more today. I think that the problem is happening with the Activex program since I went to pcpitstop.com and ran the test with no results.

Should I be able to uninstall Activex and then reinstall it? I am not sure if it is a stand alone program or an add on to my browser.

• 1 year later...

bump...

Had this problem today. I found out why, gotta wait for the IT guy to get out of a meeting.

We installed Kaspersky recently and now the Mastercam Editor won't work. Same message as what you had "can't create object" then the editor opens up a blank page. Workarounds I used - used the PFE Editor. Also, could click open the NC file in file directory and Wordpad opens, then do any edits I need, save, etc.

I opened Kaspersky (though its grayed out for me, the IT guy has to do it). I clicked on Application Privilege Control then scrolled down to Reports. There it shows Mastercam Editor was placed in the restricted group (but PFE allowed, etc.)

When he's available, I'll show him so he can put MCX Editor in the trusted group. Should then be back to normal..