Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

C110 COPPER HOGOUT

OC_THE MCX

In need of some advice. working on a piece of c110 copper about 6.5 x 19.35 x 1.750. A lot of it gets hogged out leaving islands and pockets. The first time I did this job, rough out all features leaving .05 an all walls and floors. When it came time to finish features to size, the part warped big time. We had to bend parts straight on an a large arbor press before we could re-machine finish passes and it warped a little more. :blink: what a nightmare!!! now, we have 100 parts to make!!!!! Has anyone had this problem before and will an anealing procces help? Thanks for any advise.:D

I think you need to 'stress relieve' them twice - both before and after roughing . Check with a heat treater but I believe 550 deg to 600 deg F for 1 hr would work nicely.

It's possible the 2nd stress relieve wouldn't be necessary ..........

In my experience, any wrought copper warps horribly when machined, unless stress relieved.

HTH

Good luck

:)

Jeff, too late for that. material has been ordered cut to size. Mic6, have not started cutting yet. still waiting on delivery. This copper ingot is expensive before I even touch it !! Dont you guys just love jobs where you only have one chance to get it right??? sad.gif