Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O\T Part Coatings

mold100

I figure this is the most diverse place to get answers, I cant seem to find what I am looking

for:

A plating shop that supplies ALL types of coatings I am quoting some parts that need a

phosphate type M I have a guy locally to do type Z. (i believe one is manganese(sp?) and one is zinc.)I will need a reliable source and most of what I do is smaller sized so shipping isnt a big deal.They need to conform to gov specs.

THanks in advance.

Chris, I see your from PA. I can recommend two that I use all the time:

Industrial Metal Platers(IMP) out of Reading, PA,

Next to the Airport.

and I also like:

Light Metals Coloring, out of Southington, CT(860) 621-0145

They both do military spec, ISO certified plating of every type. I haven't found any other shop's around that do as high quality work as these two, and I've used everyone in NJ, PA, and NY. Hope this helps!!!If you asked me out of the two above which I prefer, I like LMC the best.

[ 05-07-2003, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: DrewG ]

Corey,

The conformance is customer specific. If they say that a government or aerospace is acceptable then it is their responsability to provide the criteria and an approved source as well.

Basically, the customer should provide this information to you.

Regards, Jack

Jack makes a good point in that Larger OEM's (some smaller ones) generally have approved processors. Other customers however only rquire certification that the process was performed according to spec.

Many are now going to NADCAP approval which is an independant registrar for processors. Nadcap now also contains a list of companies that they have approved although I dont know how flexible the searching is. From what Ive seen you search by company or state for all "chemical processes".

NADCAP PAGE

[ 05-07-2003, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: CAMmando ]