Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What did IT do?

K2csq7

Good morning all,

We had an IT guy in here yesterday, doing some stuff with our server and security software. This morning Mcam is acting up...small issues, but wondering if you think it may be a bigger problem that I just haven't been able to bring to the surface yet.

The first weird thing is my right angle tooling, I never defined a holder for the tools, whatever the default was... but I remember the red holders during backplot just looking like a normal holder and a bit smaller, now I see a red cube. (see crappy attached pic)???????

The second thing is on another file, I had to regen an operation and when I did, I got an error that the chamfer tool could not be found or something, thats weird, when I open the op it shows it as a "flat end mill" which is what I picked...

I will post more oddities if I come across them.

Looking for things to tell the IT guy to check into...all was fine before. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the help, I have not moved files or changed any of the default file paths. I did the web install of X5 myself completely by the book... my security software was updated (command prompt was popping up on the screen for a millisecond or so and he said "your security software has been updated reboot your PC", but he only worked on the server, he didn't physically touch any of our PC's...

I can live with what I see so far, but with my luck the real problem (if it exists) will surface at the worst possible time.

You are not alone. I am more than frustrated with mastercam x5. We are having all kinds of gremlins. Since users like the company I work for, it makes total sense to have all the Machine def, Control def, post, tool lib etc on the network. This way we are all working with the same tools. Mastercam does a Very poor job making this possible. So my request is when installing mastercam have it prompt the installer with the option to install as a local user or as a network user. If you select network. It should then prompt you for the proper data paths the installer desires. then it's a done deal.

just my two cents

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, but I don't think anything to do with my mcam install went on the network, although I do save all of my part files on the server (but I have no problem opening them). I am thinking the security software update may have changed something...He is coming back in here on Mon or Tues, I will ask him to look into it.